|1Kukalets, O |
1Graduate student, International Relations The National University of Ostroh Academy 2, Seminarska Str., Ostroh, 35800, Ukraine email@example.com
|Kitaêznavčì doslìdžennâ 2017, 1-2:47-51|
|Section: Political, social and economic development of China|
The U.S. growing confrontation with North Korea is analyzed in the article and PRC’s main strategic approaches toward its cooperation with DPRK are considered. PRC’s core potential threats are determined in case of the military campaign start, facts of China’s gradual withdrawal from the Kin Jong-un regime support and the development of the dialogue with the USA to deal with the nuclear program are presented.
|Keywords: Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, nuclear program, People’s Republic of China|
- Aoyama R. (2016), “China’s North Korea Policy: The Dilemma between security and economic engagement”, in The National Institute of Defense Studies (Ed.), The Kim Jong Un Regime and the Future Security Environment Surrounding the Korea Peninsula, The National Institute of Defense Studies, p. 143–160.
- Aum F. (2017), North Korea and the Need for a US-ROL-PRC Dialogue. Unites States Institute of Peace.
- Beina X and Jayshree B. (2014). The China-North-Korea Relationship. Council on Foreign Relations.
- Department of Defense (2017). Annual report to Congress. Military and Security Developments Involving the People’s Republic of China 2017. Office of the Secretary of Defense.
- Duchatel M. and Schell P. (2013), China’s Policy on North Korea. Economic engagement and Nuclear Disarmament, SIPRI Policy Paper No. 40.
- Scobell A. (2017) China and North Korea. Bolstering a Buffer or Hunkering Down in Northeast Asia? RAND Corporation. https://doi.org/10.7249/CT477
- Skylar Mastro O. (2017) China’s Evolving North Korea Strategy, United States Institute of Peace.
- The White House. Office of the Press Secretary (2017). Press Briefing by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, 11/9/2017, Beijing, China, available at: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/11/09/press-briefing-se... (accessed 25 November 2017).
- Zhang T. (2015), “DPRK nuclear Issue and Chinese Policy”, in Shao Binhong (Ed), China under Xi Jinping: its economic Challenges and Foreign Policy, BRILL, p. 241–254. https://doi.org/10.1163/9789004291645_014